Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Earn AT LEAST $1 a month for having your computer on 20 hours a day

Most of us have our computers on all the time, even though we don't spend all of our time doing something. Most of the time all that energy is wasted, running a screensaver or downloading, or something. Well, why not make the computer WORK for you?

I always wondered why there were no places out there that paid you to crunch numbers in the background while your computer was on. I mean Seti@Home and the like get that kind of massively parallel supercomputing power for free from their users.

Well, a few years back I found Porivo (now gomez) Peer. They pay for every second you spend online running their Java-based client, and more if they actually process data via your machine. They also give you one dollar for every activated referral (they don't accept everyone, generally you have to run their client for free for a week or two, then they activate you and you start earning).

ALSO. If anyone knows any other services like this, please toss them my way.

I have personally made over 120 dollars through
them, at the rate of about 4-7 dollars a month. It doesn't SOUND like a lot, but you can use those funds to buy a nice snack or a domain name or something useful.

I haven't included the Gomez earnings in the revenue counter on this blog because all my payments so far have been prior to the start of it. I will be adding it as time goes on.

They pay by Paypal and a few other providers, check them out!

No comments: